Engineering and Mixing
I am the house engineer at Musicol Recording Studios in Columbus, Ohio. This studio was built in 1968 and has a great collection of vintage microphones, preamps and tape machines. Contact me for information and booking.
I offer affordable digital mastering from your source files or audio tape. Virtually any source can be utilized: digital files, analog tape, cassette, mini disc, DAT and more.
Mastering is tailored for your intended medium: vinyl, CD, download, streaming or cassette. As house engineer at Musicol Recording and Pressing, I have experience cutting vinyl lacquers, so I know firsthand what a good vinyl master entails.
Final CD master discs are provided on high quality Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs. High resolution masters can be provided burned to a CD data disc, and also downloadable via Google Drive with MD5 checksums.
Contact me for rates and scheduling.
- Adam Audio A7X
- Cockos REAPER
- HOFA CD-Burn.DDP.Master
- Studer A810 1/4″ 2-track machine, captured at 24-bit/96kHz via an Apogee Duet interface
- Fabfilter Pro Q2 Equalizer, Pro L2 Limiter
- Tokyo Dawn Labs Limiter No.6 GE, Kotelnikov Compressor GE, Slick EQ Mastering Equalizer, Nova Dynamic Equalizer GE
- PSP Audio Vintage Warmer Compressor
- Stillwell Audio Bombardier Buss Compressor, Vibe EQ
- Waves Audio Gold, Renaissance Maxx, CLA Compressors, Puigchild Compressor, Scheps 73 EQ, API 550, SSL G-Channel
- iZotope RX4 Audio Restoration
- Custom JS plugins, including compression, EQ, saturation and mid-side utilities
As co-producer and engineer for The Mug & Brush Sessions, I regularly record music in a barber shop. There is nothing like a good live performance without overdubs, auto-tune and other editing. Not to mention the casual atmosphere that takes the pressure off musicians.
Here’s how it works… you find a room to record that sounds pretty good. I bring my gear and we have a recording session. Simple as that.
Contact me if you have questions about set-up, rates, etc. Video crew available upon request for additional fees.
- Mackie 1640i – 16 channel board that serves as a monitor mixer and a recording interface. It can record up to 16 tracks of high resolution audio. Additional tracks can be recorded via an Apogee Duet and/or Presonus Firepod.
- (2) Mackie SRM450 bi-amplified powered speakers
- Channels available for your own personal in-ear monitors
- Telefunken CU-29 Copperhead Tube-Powered Large Diaphragm Condenser
- (2) 3U Audio Warbler MKIID Large Diaphragm Condenser (similar to Neumann U87)
- Audio Technica AT4050 Large Diaphragm Condenser
- (2) MXL v67g Large Diaphragm Condenser
- (2) Cascade Audio Fathead II Ribbon Microphones
- Shure SM87 Stage Condenser (great for vocals)
- Shure SM7B Dynamic
- (2) Vintage Unidyne SM57 Dynamic
- Sennheiser MD421 Dynamic
- AKG C535 EB Stage Condenser
- AKG D330 BT Dynamic
- (3) AKG D880 Dymanic
- Audix D2 Dynamic
- Audix D4 Dynamic
- Audix i5 Dynamic
- Valvotronics Tube DI
- Sansamp Bass Driver DI
- (2) ART Channel Splitters